In compliance with Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation, enacted July 1, 2014, we are asking you for consent to the collection and use of your data. You may unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button on our newsletters and correspondence or by emailing email@example.com with the subject line, Unsubscribe.
INTERPRETATION AND DEFINITIONS
- You means the individual accessing or using the service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the service, as applicable.
- Company (referred to as either the Company, we, us or our in this policy) refers to Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness, PO Box 15062 Aspen Woods PO Calgary, AB TH3 0N8.
- Affiliate refers to Allied Networks of the Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness, which are independent networks that work closely with the CAEH.
- Account means a unique account created for you to access our service or parts of our service.
- Website refers to all Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness websites accessible from caeh.ca and our affiliate websites (Allied Networks).
- Service refers to CAEH websites, those of our affiliates, all communications we may have with you as well as training and support programs we may offer including but not limited to webinars, onsite training and conferences.
- Country refers to Canada.
- Service Provider refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the CAEH (for example, website providers, emailing service providers) that we may hire to facilitate our service and communication with you, or may be employed by us in analyzing how our services are used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a user can login or create an account to use the service (for example, signing up to our mailing list through our Facebook page).
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the service or from the service infrastructure itself (for example, website analytics tracking duration of a page visit).
COLLECTING AND USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Types of Data Collected
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally-identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, City, Province/State, Postal code/ZIP, Country
Usage data is collected automatically when using the service.
Usage data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept Cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our service.
Cookies can be Persistent or Session cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent Cookies. Cookies help us to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for may not be able to be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
Use of Your Personal Data
The CAEH may use personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our service, including to monitor the usage of our service.
- To manage your account: to manage your registration as a user of our services. The personal data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of our services (for example, webinar registration).
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you may purchase from us or of any other contract with us.
- To contact you: to contact you by email, telephone calls, text message or other equivalent forms of electronic communication to provide updates or information about housing, homelessness or our services or to invite you to participate in events or policy advocacy activities.
- To provide you with news and general information about other services and events which we may offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, enquired or agreed to receive information about.
- To manage your requests: to attend and manage your requests to us.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With service providers: We may share your personal information with service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service, to help support and maintain our service, to contact you, to advertise on affiliate websites to you after you visited our service or for payment processing or donations.
Retention and Deletion of Your Personal Data
The company will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
You may request to see all personal data that we have collected on you and you may ask for your personal data to be deleted. To request information on the personal data we collect, please email firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line Personal Data. To unsubscribe from our lists, you can either click the unsubscribe button in the communication you received or email email@example.com with the subject line Unsubscribe and your personal data will be deleted.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including personal data, is processed by CAEH staff working from home offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your city, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Canada.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the CAEH may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court).
Other legal requirements
The CAEH may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the CAEH
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your personal data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
DETAILED INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Service providers have access to your personal data only to perform their tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use your personal data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Unsubscribe.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the service (for example conference registration). In that case, we may use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services and their use of your personal information.