Lining Up Housing
Registry Week is a housing intervention. In the same way that we worked to clarify the demand in our community, we need to meet that demand. We need to work on lining up a supply of housing, supports and resources.
In many ways, this will require prioritizing existing resources while simultaneously thinking creatively about non-traditional resources that can bolster and support your effort.
- Start by opening Mapping Your Current System and using this to prompt your thinking about resources that are available in your community
- Next, open up the Letter requesting units from existing supportive and social housing providers. This letter was sent to supportive housing providers in Chicago to request services and supports for housing people who were identified and surveyed during their Registry Week.
- You can also refer to the Abundance Index as a way to track resources that exist in your community.
- Mapping Your Current System (Word)┬á
- Letter Requesting Units from-Housing Providers – Chicago┬á(Word)
- Abundance Index┬á(Excel)
Back: 6 – Budgets and Supplies
Next: 8 – Training