The information and resources here are intended to support your efforts to implement effective housing-focused street outreach services in your community.
Housing-Focused Street Outreach Resources
Below you will find information and tools from a number of sources. Remember, you can also always search on the Homeless Hub and the Homelessness Learning Hub for further street outreach related information.
Keep checking back here as we will be regularly updating materials and adding further resources.
- Core Elements of Effective Street Outreach to People Experiencing Homelessness – A Checklist (USICH, 2019)
- The Role of Outreach and Engagement in Ending Homelessness (USICH, 2016)
- Role of Outreach in a Housing First Program – one-page diagram
- Outreach and Identification Podcast (USICH, 2019)
- 5 Thoughts on Street Outreach to Housing (April 2017)
- 70:20:10 The Street Outreach Investment (July 2016)
- What Makes Good Outreach in the Era of Coordinated Entry (May 2015)
NAEH Unsheltered Blog Series
- Coordinate Outreach Coverage – Key Considerations, Tips & Resources (Built for Zero Canada, 2019)
- Kingston Street Outreach Program Operating Standards (2019)
- Unsheltered Homeless Outreach and Engagement Toolkit (Corporation for Supportive Housing (CSH), 2018)
- Assertive Outreach Good Practices Guidelines (Australia, 2017)
- Street Outreach Program Standard Operating Procedures (Roanoke, Virginia, 2016)
- Homeless Outreach Program Framework (BC Housing, 2014)